Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Delayed

After I came back from my stroll through the city, I learned that the plane that was supposed to go to McMurdo today did not leave. Again! They have huge snow drifts on the ice runway at McMurdo, so the plane would not have been able to land (same for the plane that was supposed to bring people back from the Pole to McMurdo, I learned).

That means several things:
  1. I still share a room with another female researcher
  2. Since they could not fly to McMurdo for two days now, there are too many people to be able to fit in a plane, which means that some of us are not able to fly tomorrow. And I am one of them. For now it seems like I am leaving Friday instead of Thursday.
  3. Since the whole accommodation situation is screwed up because of this, we have to move hotels tomorrow. I think the did not expect us to have to stay longer and our room(s) are already booked for tomorrow...  
We will see if the departure will actually happen on Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment