Thursday, November 15, 2012

More forms...

After I did not hear anything about my travel plans last week (although I did inquire), I decided on Tuesday to go talk to the Antarctic travel coordinator here at NOAA to double-check that I am still on the list. As a result I got an email yesterday from the travel agency organizing the travel for all the NOAA people going down to Antarctica. And I learned that they are missing three forms from me. And that they can't do anything until I submit those forms.
Honestly?! And when exactly would I have learned about those missing forms if I would not have inquired?? Maybe the day before I would have had to leave?

Anyway, I submitted the forms now, and I know a little more about my travel dates. The preliminary dates are now:

Denver/Colorado - Christchurch/NZ: December 2nd 2012
Christchurch/NZ - McMurdo/Antarctica: December 6th 2012
McMurdo/Antarctica - South Pole/Antarctica: December 7th 2012

South Pole/Antarctica - McMurdo/Antarctica: December 20th 2012
McMurdo/Antarctica - Christchurch/NZ: December 21st 2012

Everything after that will be way to vague to think about already. I heard that the weather in Antarctica was pretty bad for quite a while so hat travel to the Pole is delayed at the moment by about one to two weeks. So the dates above will most likely not coincide with the actual days of me traveling somewhere, but at least I have a rough idea of the dates now.

But that means I will leave Boulder in about two and a half weeks!!
I'm getting excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment