Monday, December 17, 2012

My way to work

I have to walk about a quarter mile from the station where I sleep and eat (and hang out) to the ARO building where I work. I mentioned before that I basically directly walk past the Geographic Pole, but I thought it would be nice for you to see HOW close I actually walk by... :)

 
I stopped about quarter of the way out to ARO and turned around. You can see the South Pole station, and the path of packed snow where we walk on our way out to ARO.

 Turning 90 degrees to the right from the point I stopped, that's what I see. As I said, the Pole is really, really close to the path! 

Turning another 90 degrees and I can see the path leading to ARO (the blue building). In this picture you can also see the 30m tower where I will (hopefully) climb up tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment